Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Alternative for a winch or high start

Here's something new. Have a look. I'd sure like to see one of these or give one a try. GessWork – home of the ONEWinch RC sailplane launcher

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Hmmmnnn....... it looks pretty neat for a one person operation. How would it handle the dirt, rocks and cactus?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

In reading about it on RC Groups, it sounds like it'd handle the weeds and stuff just fine. I guess you can elevate the line a bit to avoid some problems. However, like the winch or high start you'd still have the long line dropping down into the shrubs (if the site has some).

Back to the top

Be interesting to give it a try. Not sure how I'd like being sorta all strapped in. Jim, can you order us one?
Back to the top

It won't happen unless business starts to pick up. Then we'll see. It is not an inexpensive item. Mostly I posted it because I'd never heard of it before, and unlike a high start, you could abort the tow if something goes wrong. I also like the idea of not having to use rubber tubing. It seems that the high start mfg. companies like to rate their products on the light side. Sometimes my dynaflite unit seems very wimpy for a 2 meter plane. My old high start (brand unknown) gave me much more vigorous launches. HEY, howcome you think I should be the one to buy and try it out. I seem to know a guy named Bob who has more money than he knows what to do with.

Back to the top

It really looks like a one-man FAI style F3J launch. And, you must have me confused with another Bob, Tippo.
Back to the top

It looks like a pretty neat device. It doesn't appear to need too much energy to get the glider up. It sure would be nice on a grass field.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.