Skip navigation

At the field

Flying at the field

Ah, perhaps it's time to re-start the old "Jester". This time, it might have a little motor to pull it around.[br]

Last edit: by Tippodriver

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Flying at the field

This is what saves our hobby. My grandson on the sticks with me coaching.[br][br]

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Flying at the field

Question for the day: How many of the "founding fathers" of MMAA does it take to start a Kadet Senior? Count 'em. Mike, Ed, and John. A truly exceptional trio. By the way the airplane survived this devious bunch. I plead innocent in all indignities this poor airplane suffered. [br][br]

Back to the top

Flying at the field

Also captured on film today is proof that former MMAA president Mike flew his quad copter in the pits. [br][br]

Back to the top

Flying at the field

Here's what I'm working on. It's called the 'Ona'. It's all scratch built from plans, they were in Spanish so it was done without any instructions. The wing will be somewhat hard to cover because it is under-cambered. I goth the plans here: HPA - Builders' Plan Gallery [br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Flying at the field

You guys need to see this for fun and relaxation. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFq7kbDespA

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Flying at the field

Is the Rheinland the 125 inch one I was able to find on the web? BTW, a note about the CG calculators on this website: the first one is a link to a NASA site that apparently has changed content wise since this link was placed here. It won't be of use. However, the second one will do the trick. It is more complex than you probably need, but will do the job. A constant chord wing should make it very simple to apply. I think if you do a bit of snooping on the web, you'll find that for a trainer with a constant chord wing a good starting point is 25% of the MAC. At 30% it should still be fairly stable, but more sensitive than at 25%. There are always exceptions but I'd never assume there was no mistake in the manual. In any case, the calculator that takes tail moment, and horizontal tail area into account may be the best bet. For ALL you ever want to know about calculating your CG visit http://www.theampeer.org/cg/cg.html You may need a drink afterward.
Back to the top

Flying at the field

just a few photos from my new gopro[br][br][br][br][br][br]

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Flying at the field

more[br][br][br][br][br][br]

Back to the top

Flying at the field

Back to the top

Flying at the field

Back to the top

Flying at the field

Back to the top

Flying at the field

more ok[br][br][br][br]

Back to the top

Flying at the field

went to the field with my son and grand kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iff0g_cF6NQ

Back to the top

Flying at the field

went flying with jim and did a piggy back gopro flying 024 - YouTube

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.