Skip navigation

Aviation History and Trivia

Aviation triva

sorry guys i was trying to save the pitchers and delete the chit chat and hit the wrong que wont let it happen twice

Last edit: by Tippodriver

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Yeah, we may have to aerotow you O bearded one!

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Who is Captain Graybeard?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Aviation triva

OK Jim so what is the last plane you put on for trivia?
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Pilatuspc12 said

Who is Captain Graybeard?
is it captain blackbeards older brother

Back to the top

Aviation triva

OK lets start this up again. Who was the first US president to ride in an airplane and who was the pilot?
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Calvin Coolidge 1933. but teddy flue with one of the wright brothers in 1910 but he was ex pres

Back to the top

Aviation triva

Looks like that one was too easy. I"LL have to come up with another one.
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Wait a darn minute….My source says that F.D.R. was the 1st sitting present to fly in an airplane and agrees that T.R. was the 1st president to fly, but he was not in office at the time. Put 'em up…put 'em up…
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Ok..who was the first female to earn a glider license?
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Yes T.R. was the first president to fly but who was the pilot
Back to the top

Aviation triva

First Presidential Airplane Ride: At an airshow at Aviation Field in St. Louis, Missouri on October 11, 1910, Theodore Roosevelt was offered a seat as a passenger in a plane for a demonstration flight. The pilot's name was Arch Hoxsey, who had just completed a record flight from Springfield, Illinois. The plane reached an altitude of about 50 feet, circled the field twice and stayed airborne for about four minutes. TR said he wished they could have stayed in the air for an hour. Arch Hoxsey was killed in a plane crash on December 31, 1910. This flight made TR the first President to fly in a plane. There is a picture of him strapping himself in that does look as though he was the pilot, but he was not.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Aviation triva

1931 Maxine Dunlap becomes first American woman to earn a glider pilot license.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Aviation triva

OK Guys, what was this airplane's story? It later developed into a very famous one.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Aviation triva

Now that is a glider, it ain't a sailplane. I had no idea that the C-123 could have begun life as the XCG-20 military glider. Certainly an odd decision on someone's part. Wonder if this one used a different wing than the C-123.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.