Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Escape From Winter

Escape From Winter

Enough is enough!! No flying. No golf. Janet and Jay headed south last weekend. Two days in St. George Ut. at the Presidents Day fly-in hosted by the St. George "Remote Possibilites R/C Club". There were about fifty pilots and one hundred aircraft. Sixty plus degrees, perfect weather. I flew my triplane and the Brown B-2 "Miss Los Angles". Sunday it was on to Mesquite Nv. Monday morning I went to the Desert Fox R/C club flying site in Mesquite. There were ten pilots flying. Then eighteen holes of golf at Falcon Ridge followed by a donation at the blackjack tables. Tuesday a seven hour drive brought us back to Montrose where the snow had disappeared. The first two photos are at St. George. The last three are in Mesquite. [br][br][br][br][br][br][br] [br][br]
Back to the top

Escape From Winter

60 degrees? No mud. Musta been nice. ;)
Back to the top

Escape From Winter

The wind was blowing in Mesquite and people were still flying? There's a concept. Nice sites from a pavement standpoint. Well in a few months the heat there will make the adobe hills seem cool. Were most of the planes in St. George giant scale types? Jim

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Escape From Winter

It was about 50-50 with a couple jets and a couple copters.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.