Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

New Hangar 9 1/4 scale Super Cub

OK, scale enthusiasts, this looks like a must have for Glider Towing! What do you think there, HighPlainsDrifter? Is this a large enough towplane? Hangar 9 1/4 Scale PA-18 Super Cub PNP RC Airplane | Horizon Hobby

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

This could be you, Bob.[br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I ordered one of these today from nitro planes. Its a CM Pro Ventus 2.5 meter w/fiberglass fuse and a balsa wing. It has ailerons & spoilers and is set up for towing. Its an ARF & not to mention really cheap. We can do some serious experimenting with aero towing before we get something really cool or spend tons of time building a scale glider. Let me know when your in town for a bit Randy and we can put the Telemaster to work.[br]
Back to the top

I'm ready tomorrow! Anyone want a tow? Its supposed to be really nice. How 'bout it, Bob, Jim?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Well, it seems one would pick up a Super Cub locally but I just had to have one down here in Houston, so I bought it! The price was the same as the retail listed in the magazine, so what the heck. It will take a couple of months to put it together but it will be worth it! The funny thing was I purchased it from "Randy's Hobbies" and I asked him, how long did you have it on the shelf? He said, " We just got it this morning"! What a deal![br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Here is what it actually looks like.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Perfect timing Randy. I'll bet that'll tow the ventus. I think I already know the answer but will you make it gas or electric? I see that you can also get floats and a scale cockpit. Cant wait to see it!
Back to the top

Well, it was fun trying to put it into the airplane, to bring it home. It fit OK but I had to put some bungee cords around the seat and to the seatbelt to secure the precious cargo.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Safety first!lol
Back to the top

Sorry about the photo. I rotated the camera.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.