Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

[poll] Completing the fence we started

When works best for you? (select all that apply to you)

Monday 4:30
Tuesday 4:30
Wednesday 4:30
Thursday 4:30
Friday 4:30
Saturday 9 AM
Guests cannot vote in polls

You must select between 1 and 11 options

We need to complete the fence work we started this weekend or there will be 30 holes that will become one with the Adobe again. We need to clean them out and set the railroad ties in them and could probably be done in a couple of hours if we had about six people who could come out and do it. The other issue is if we don't get them planted somebody will come and walk off with them like everything else out there. Any night this week I could be out there at 4:30 and work until dark if somebody or somebody's can come join me. We have a lot of money and a lot of man hours tied up in this project and I would really hate to see it go to waste. Please post a reply if you can come help and what to time works best for you. It is work, but it is easy work compared to digging the holes. A shovel or post hole tool will remove the loose dirt and two people can move the RR tie into position and then shovel dirt in around.
Back to the top

Oops, forgot I am tied up Wednesday so subtract one vote from Wednesday. Also, PLEASE post the days you are available so others will know who is available and when. Maybe we can have a couple of "small" work parties! Thanks!
Back to the top

The only free time I have is Sunday afternoon. What I can do is take care of any misc tasks that I can do on my own or with whoeverer I can drag down with me (Sabin).
Back to the top

So, tomorrow is Tuesday, and it is pretty short notice. If anyone else can be out there Wed. evening, I'll be there to help clean out holes, etc. Do we have a post hole digger out there for cleaning out the holes, or do we need to rent one each time we go out?

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

I can't do Wednesday, but I can do Tuesday (or Thursday). We have no idea who else said Tuesday since we don't have posts to back up the votes. So please post if you will be out there Tuesday afternoon. The post hole tool I was referring to is the manual style with two posts and a metal jaw that is hinged. I have one that I will take out with me as well as a shovel and a level. (anyone is welcome to borrow my tools, though I would prefer not to leave them out there in the cabinet but I can if need be).
Back to the top

Looks like Terry and I will be out there this afternoon around 4:15 or 4:30. There was one other vote on Tuesday but we don't know who that was. If you can make it out there we would love it! Thanks and see you out there!!
Back to the top

Yeah, I figured that the post hole tool you were referring to was one of those two handle, metal jaw contraptions. I will still plan to go out tomorrow evening, and if nothing else, clean out the remaining post holes. I won't even try to set any RR ties by myself.

Back to the top

Thank you Terry for coming out and working like a dog to get the RR Ties planted!! Well there is a LOT of work left but 95% of the RR Ties are in the ground. About 3 of the holes were very shallow so we didn't plant a RR Tie in them. They are going to take a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT of work to dig out by hand (and a digging bar). Maybe Home Depot will have pitty on us and let us have another 4 hours with the digger if we buy some fencing supplies from them. (it never hurts to ask!) We need to take a 5 gallon bucket and get some ditch water to pour on each post to set the loose dirt around the RR Ties, this stretch of fence didn't get quite as deep of holes as the first run and the RR Ties are a little easy to wiggle so it would be good if they were solidified some before the fence wire was stretched on them and pulling on them. The metal fence posts, wire, and post to make the H-braces (OK, ALL of the fencing supplies) are at Cliff's so they will need to be retrieved before more work can be done. (or did you leave some of that in the cabinets Cliff?) Here are a couple of pics to show the progress.[br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

woo hoo! Nothing like progress. I'll give you a call today Andrew concerning what I may be able to accomplish if I go out this evening. BTW, ten votes, really? Even if there was a mass email, I think we have too many members who still do not look at the web site. Maybe another mass email scheduling another specific time might work out.

Back to the top

Just an idea; If you can post a list chores, things that need finished up or supplies we need, Maybe there are some things we can take care of at our liesure. I want to help but it is impossible to make it down during the week until Dec.
Back to the top

Looks like I won't be making it this evening. I'll have to make it up another time. I won't be able to get out there until next weekend. Maybe it'll be easier to get a few more people out there at that time. Family stuff is taking front seat for me right now.

Back to the top

No worries Jim! 95% of the RR Ties are planted so I think we are good for now. I won't be able to make it this weekend or next weekend as I'll be hunting but I'm sure more time (and some phone calls [yes I did get the message Terry]) will get some more people out there.
Back to the top

ok as i have been bizzzzzzy this week and not on the computer it looks like i will be out at the field this weekend i will take the posts and cross brasess chane saw wire out and start pounding them in the ground

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.