Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Another Theft of MMAA Property

Folks, I got a call from Mike Mclain earlier today letting me know that one of our good picnic tables has been stolen. Some of the assembly barrels and log benches had been moved under the cabana, so it is possible that we had some party activity. Everything was OK on Sunday afternoon, so our "friends" paid us a visit Sunday night or yesterday. Maybe it is time to get back on the fencing and get that place closed in. Over the last several years we've lost enough money in theft to pay for a good chunk of the fencing. The price at Home Depot for tables like the ones we have ranges from $200 to almost $300. If the surveillance camera had been operating, we'd have photos of the dirt bags.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

i will ck and see if i can get a better price on some r.r. tyes. and yes we need to get back on fence

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

I agree. Can we secure the tables to the shelters somehow? I will look into it.
Back to the top

The good tables were cabled and locked to the steel cabana uprights. At least one of the locks was cut during the thefts we had a few years ago, when they cut the locks off the cabinets, stole our weed spray, and our propane bottle. s I like the idea of heavy duty steel, anchored in concrete. Steel that is heavy enough to bend their truck frame when they try to pull them out. I still think we need to get the camera working.

Back to the top

well no need for the camera they got the grill and the other tables so the only table we have left is the old wood one

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

How nice! Guess it is time to report it to the sheriff. I'll call.

Back to the top

So the approximate cost to replace everything is about $600 for tables, Let's say $200 for the grille, and $50 for the gas bottle. Total $850. Nice.

Back to the top

I reported it to the Sheriff, deputy supposed to call me back. Doubtful that they can really do anything, but dammit had to let them know.

Back to the top

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

O' yeah, Cliff tells me that they cut the locks and even took the cables that locked the tables in place.

Back to the top

Nice Cliff. I think we have an older grill we could donate.I hope they dont keep coming back because they found an easy target.
Back to the top

Good job, Cliff. That looks like it'll last a while. We'll be out tomorrow morning to help you unload it at the field at 09:00 and tow a glider. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Gary, the gas grill would be wonderful. Hopefully, we still have a spare gas bottle. We will need a grill for the 15th. If there was any upside to this, they did not vandalize any of the facilities, or leave piles of trash. Kind of amazing really.

Back to the top

I agree, We should be grateful they didnt use the runway as a drag strip. I'll go out to the hanger and see about the grill this afternoon.
Back to the top

WAS out there flying this Sat afternoon, did anyone also notice the GATE is GONE TOO??? I wish there was a way to have a live feed (solar powered cellular link?) spooling to the internet so we could keep an eye on the place 24/7. Do not know what the answer is but a fence would help. But then there are scum like this who would steal a cross out of a church.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.