Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Men in the Mix Event

Men in the Mix Event

Montrose County Health and Human Services has asked us to participate in the annual Men in the Mix event June 8th from 10 am till 2 pm. MMAA has participated in this for at least 8 years. The event will be at the Montrose County Fairgrounds, and hopefully we will be indoors again. Plan on a static display and the construction of foam plate gliders.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Thanks Jim for the heads up. Ill be there, if I'm still here as it was a great experience to get the kids involved into model aviation. They really liked it.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Really glad we're participating again the year! How much room will we have for the static display area?
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Bob, I would imagine it will be similar to the situation we had last year. HHS provided tables for us, but we may want to think about the layout a little more beforehand. I hope that we have some access to overhead display similar to last year. If we have a few large planes to hang over our spot it would be helpful. Anyone have an old computer with flight simulator loaded that we could hazard to risk at this event?

Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

we need to bring this up at our next metting

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

I guess the Slingsby Gull would qualify for a large model that will need to be hung overhead. I have not been to this event in the past. Will whatever the overhead structure we will use be strong enough to support a model around 9lbs.? Thanx.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Bob, you might want to take a swing by the fairgrounds and check out the inside of Friendship Hall. Unless there is some kind of event in progress, you should be able to stroll right in the front door to check things out for yourself. That way you'd be more comfortable with the situation. If I remember correctly, there were a limited number of ropes hanging from the ceiling, and we'd have to ask for a spot that has them. Last year we were along the south wall. There are photos on the web site showing our location and a couple of models hanging from the ceiling.

Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Ok, thanx Jim.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

as June 8th is to be our next metting day the men in the mix would be a good place to get together for some fun with kids just hope a lot of you can make it

Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Hay fellas I will be there with a couple of planes. Just don't know which ones yet. Hopefully we can hang some like we did last year.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

ok I will come as well

Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

I'm planning on it. Have about 100 plates, which wasn't enough for last year. We'll need to get more. I'll wait to find out if someone will donate before spending Association funds. I have some scissors and tape and pens. Will have to inventory to figure out if we have enough. O' and pennies. I think I can cover that. It'd save time if someone could band saw a bunch of the planes ahead of time. You can stack a bunch of plates together with a template on top and have at it. I don't think my scroll saw would work as well, but I'll have to try it.

Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Sorry that I wont make it this year. It is the same date as the Crawford Pioneers Day Parade that I will be in.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

What happened to our club? It is like very few people are interested in club activities. Come on guys we need more than three people to pull this off.
Back to the top

Men in the Mix Event

Hi Mike. Normally I would be there but still dealing with a total knee surgery infection [7th month]. The "MIX" is a FUN DAY and I will miss it. Suggest direct approach telephoning each member for their help. Ed
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.