Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Partner's Aviation Day

Partner's Aviation Day

Over a month ago, Partners had contacted me to see if we'd hold another event for the kids like the one we had last summer. At our last general membership meeting it was agreed that MMAA would hold an event again this year for the Partners children. Partners had indicated that September or October would be a good time. Since we used to have our Youth Aviation Day in September or October we usually had good weather(I can't believe that I cannot remember which month). I think it was September. Anyone with a better memory please weigh in here. As it stands now, the Partners calendar is open for those 2 months with the exception of September 8 and October 6. We need to pick a date ASAP and let them know. I'd bet that with Randy's help we could get some full size aviation participation like we did in the past. Jim

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Absolutely, we could give them a flyby they'd remember.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

i say sept the 15th as the 8th is our metting what say ye

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Well that date is OK with me. Guess you and I will have to make the decision since no one else seems to have a preference.

Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

I like that date as well. If I am in town I will be down to help.
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

What do you mean "If I am in town..." Nah nah Gary. We need Sabin here to help with our ability to relate to the kids.

Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Sabin would make the perfect ambassador for the kids on Partners Day!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

I stand corrected, 'We' will help out. Thats a good point, the kids will be more willing to approach another kid.
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Gary, regardless, we always enjoy the company of you and Sabin. I think it is good to have an active young person on our team when we do something like this.

Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Since we are into the first week of August already, can we be ready by the 15th? The majority of the members have no clue that this is in the mill, and we can't pull it off without a good showing on their part. Would it be better to put it off till October? I don't know if we have any idea what we have in the way of trainers and instructors. If we fall short of either, we're going to have a mess.

Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Hopefully, we can have 3 motor gliders ready for the Partner's Day as these, IMHO, would make the best and safest trainers to be allowed by the non initiated to risk in the operation of flight.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

as this weekend is our metting we can di cuss this LOL

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Partner's Aviation Day

Sorry, I won't make it to the meeting this saturday. I will be walking in the Delta County parade in Hotchkiss.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.