Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Time to think about accvess road repair

Folks it is time to figure out where we are going to find fill material to bring the low spot in the access road up enough to keep it from turning into a bog when we have a thunder storm. Please take some time to canvas any source you can think of for material, soil, crushed concrete or asphalt, gravel, etc. It has to be material that we can handle with a front end loader. Please check with construction companies, gravel companies, the county (Montrose or Delta since we are so close to the county line. I imagine the source will have to be close enough to make sure that trucking costs will not be too high for us to pay. If you touch bases with anyone, make sure to tell them that any donation of material or equipment time will be tax deductible. Also, before and after you check with someone, please post something here, and contact a Board member. This is only to help us keep from bugging anyone too much. Please don't be shy about who you ask, and don't limit your inquiries to the usual suspects. We need quite a few cubic yards of material.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Jim, Would it do any good to put an add in the paper or elseware?
Back to the top

I suppose we could try it, but I think we'd still need to personally canvas as many other sources as we can. Also, we would need to have a representative at the site when the load is dropped to make sure it does not create more of a problem than it solves. If Jacob still will help us out with the front end loader and we can beg/borrow a tilt trailer, we could probably find enough material on our own property somewhere to make a small dent in the problem. We have more ditches to clean out which would provide some of the material. Jacob could also pull material out of the deposit on the uphill side of the problem area and place it on the roadway. That will give us some short term storage of water and sediment that we no longer have. Whatever we do, we have to remember that we'll need to stay within our 50' BLM right-of-way.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

well at last I fell like getting things taken care of. I have a crags list acc. so I will post a request for some fill dirt and ask a round to see if we can get some. just remember if u get some in a big truck u have to go around the bridge. it will not hold a semi truck

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

thanks for the reminder cliff. I forgot about the limit of the bridge.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.