Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Weeds and Herbicide

Weeds and Herbicide

I purchased herbicide today from Olathe Spray Service. In addition to Roundup, I got another additive that will make it more effective against the halogeton menace. It takes very little of this stuff, like 2 ounces/acre, or 3% of the mixed roundup. More than that won't make a difference, it'll just waste the chemical which helps the roundup to get past the waxy coating on the halogeton and enhances absorption of the herbicide. I suspect this is what we've needed in the past to knock the stuff on its butt. If it works for aerial application, it ought to do the trick for us. Maybe Randy can get his big Cub going and we can mount a spray bar on it. I'll figure out the mixing rates and post them inside the big cabinet, and will get measuring cups or spoons to do the trick. Anyone from Montrose headed to the field is welcome to take this stuff up there and lock it in the big cabinet. Did we ever buy a new sprayer? It has been suggested that we have a weed spray, burning, rooting, weed whacking, general maintenance day. What sayest thou my friends? Fly first, then work, eat lunch, and work a bit more. Jim

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Weeds and Herbicide

A weed day, would be good. I'll check into a weed burner for rent. It would probably be more effective than the Super Cub application.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weeds and Herbicide

I might have access to a weed burner, I'll check. This Saturday looks like good weather (at least the forcast right now). It is probably the start of spring break, but I don't think that will get in the way of the members who usually show up anyway! ;-)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.