Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Thunder Tiger Victoria

I just finished my new Thunder Tiger Victoria I bought a couple of days ago. It floats! I'm using a Spektrum digital metal geared servo for the sails and a Hitec servo for the rudder. I used the stock rigging as that is ocean rigging on a real sailboat. I also changed the hatch because it was near impossible to get on and off. Now it's just clear. Something else I did was put lots of foam in it.[br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Now you need that wind! Good one Sabin.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Good Job, Sabin. You know, there are a few of us who sail boats around these parts! If you would like to go sailing sometime, just ask your Dad and maybe we can get together and have a good time sailing. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Thanks! I'd love to go sailing sometime.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Anytime, please give me a PM. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

I took it out today. It sails pretty good. I tightened the rigging some and painted the keel and the rudder blue. When a breeze comes up it really goes.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Be careful, anyone who likes sailing is prone to like sailplanes. There is a similar challenge. You have to understand and pay close attention to your sailboat/sailplane and read what it tells you about the wind and the things you need to do to get the most out of the vehicle. Nice boat.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Thank's. They are similar. Today I made a dinghy to tow behind it too. The line to tow it is 30lb test tension lock kevlar tied to a snap swivel attached to the boat. The dinghy is complete with a 1975 Johnson 4 HP Sea Horse. [br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Very creative and well done!

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Thank's Jim, it also carries small payloads.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Sabin, that's very nice. Where are you sailing your boat?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

I'm sailing it at one of the 3 or 4 ponds at Canyon View park.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

That's in Grand Junction, I presume? They look very nice.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Thunder Tiger Victoria

Yes it is.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.