Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

At the field

Flying at the field

Hey you Pattern/Tiporare types, check this out!

Old Oct 11, 2015, 08:27 PM
#637 Report this post to a moderatorReport
frequentflyer1
AMA MEMBER
685 miles from you in
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2010
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham  View Post
Don- which flying field in Colorado are you talking about? Colorado has an active and growing group of pattern flyers- including classic.
The field is south of Grand Junction by my house in Mesa county. The is a drag strip and skeet shooting range next to it. Not sure of it's name yet or what club is there but I'll find out once I'm there.
frequentflyer1 is offline  Send a private message to frequentflyer1  Find More Posts by frequentflyer1   

This guy, Don, owns www.rcaiir.com. They make short kits for Pattern ships out of fiberglass. He is moving from California to Grand Junction!:o

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I'm coming out to ck out the charge system

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

What time is anyone going to be out at the field?  I would like to go out and join you.
Back to the top

I know that Randy was out there this morning with his motor glider. No idea about anyone else today.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Hey Kevin,

It was good flying with you. Your Skysurfer is perfect for training on. It flew very well. Next time, we'll get a buddy box going and we'll work on landings. Good to see you Mike, we'll see you at the meeting this next Tuesday.
Anthony, wow is all I can say! I was totally impressed by your machinery and flying skills. Hope to see you at the field again soon. We had a great day at the model field today.  :thumbs:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Great to see Randy, Mike, and Kevin at the field today. I was surprised not to see more people out! Randy, thanks for the kind words, and I will see you out more this summer!
Back to the top

Still haven't registered with the FAA, so that is a no from me. 
Back to the top

I really want to go, but I need to do some wrenching. Also I need to do some soldering on new packs, and RX packs. Otherwise I'm ready!

Back to the top

I've screwed up  my back. Not going to plan on going out for a few days. Maybe during the first of the week. Kinda bummed about it.

Back to the top

That's OK, I'll be home working on the Tiger Moth. Thanks for all the replies. Hope you feel better, Jim. :puppyeyes:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

OK, ordered a new windsock from Amazon. It should be here this week.
Back to the top

sorry to tell you this but we already have a windsock. Carl has it and is getting the club name and numbet put on it . He is also making a stand for it. We have had it for about 2 months now.
Back to the top

Today should be good weather. Anyone going to the field today? I might go out if someone will be there. I have to work on the 1st.

Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Did make a run out to the field today (Thursday) and reported under the chili fly thread that the road and runway are completely dry. You can raise dust on the road. 

Last edit: by Tippodriver

Back to the top

any chance the field will be accessible and non-muddy before spring?  
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.