Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

At the field

Flying at the field

At the rate things are going,  it sure looks doubtful. Normally it'd be frozen and accessible. Maybe we'll get lucky and get a break from these successive storms.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Based on the weather forecast for the week, it looks like the night temperatures will be low enough to freeze the road and runway. Daytime temps in the low 30 degree range if it's calm and sunny will be very flyable even for an old fart like me with lousy cold weather tolerance. I'm sure I'll be giving it a try, possibly on Wed.

Back to the top

I am over busy at work, as usual.  And the weekends always blow.
Back to the top

Is anyone going flying this weekend? I have a new bnf e-flite opterra 2m flying wing that needs its maiden flight.
Back to the top

Yep, I'm planning on going out tomorrow around 11 if the road is good.  I've got a 2.5m powered glider that I just got back together after scavenging parts from it for the last few years.  Hopefully I'll see you then.  John C. is going out there today and I'll talk to him about the road condition and post here if it is not good.
Back to the top

The road was fine last weekend, so should still be good.

I'm planning to be there sometime in the morning.

Back to the top

Cool, we will see you guys tomorrow morning around 10 or 11! Should be a nice day for some flying.
Back to the top

Really had a great time meeting and getting to know some of the club members on Saturday. For someone new to the hobby, I was made to feel really welcome. Thanks for putting up with my rookie questions.
Back to the top

looks like no more rain this week… so anyone going out saturday?  if so what time?
Back to the top

I hope to if work doesn't get in the way. Either Saturday around noon or possibly Sunday sometime.
Back to the top

tomorrow for me. should be good glider weather.

Back to the top

May stop by tomorrow myself.
Back to the top

Wish that work thing didn't get in the way all the time! Guess I'll just have to try for Saturday or Sunday. Hope to see you guys out there!
Back to the top

Jim F. and I had a Grand time at the field today. Bright sunshine, no clouds, calm winds. It was absolutely gorgeous. We had good flights from 30 minutes to 45 minutes and not one drop of fuel was burned! We soared with Golden Eagles, Red-tailed Hawks and a white hawk Jim will tell you about.  :lol:

Last edit: by Pilatuspc12

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Well i am in casper for work so i will not make it to the field sat.  Will be lucky to get home sat.  
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.