Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Flying Field Condition Updates

Did you get in some flying while you were there pushing the white stuff around? I hope so. Thank you Randy.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Thanks Jim, I figured I'd bring the airplanes out and fly today about 10:00 or so.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Randy, thanks for plowing snow. I am planning to be at the field around 11:00. Due to the cold conditions in my garage,I have not repaired my spirit elite. Will bring something.
Back to the top

I am hoping for about 11 too.

Back to the top

Sounds great, we had a good time at the field today, calm winds and lots of sun. It was great flying conditions.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

OK so who all is going flying tomorrow. I know it is in the middle of the week but the weather looks like it is going to be great.
Back to the top

Call Mike Mclain. On Sunday he was getting something ready to fly and planned to go out this week. He may be ready to go. Given the temperatures, there are portions of the road that may now be a little slimy later in the day.

Back to the top

Is there anyone planning on flying today? I'm home for a few days and the weather is supposed to be good through the week end.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I flew at the field yesterday, and here is what I found: We've had a flock of sheep go across the property and apparently spend a bit of time just west of the runways. They crossed both runways, and went through the pit area. For many of you with wheels only, the hoof prints may present some issues if you decide to land in the rough spots. Generally though, the runway should be good for Wednesday. The road is frozen so you won't sink to oblivion but anywhere the soil is exposed the sun melts the surface and things are pretty slimy. Pretty messy. Aside from the sheep impacts, all looks good. The weather yesterday was excellent. Hope to see you all at the chili fly.

Back to the top

Hope we have a good turnout. What do you say guys. Even if you don't intend to fly, bring your plane out anyway. Maybe we can talk you into it and besides, friends with a common interest. It doesn't get any better than that!!
Back to the top

it should be in the high 30s on wen. light winds

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Here is the forecast from wunderground; Olathe, CO (81425) Forecast | Weather Underground

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Have had a bug for several day,do not want to share. Hoping everyone has a good time.
Back to the top

Yeah, I'm not going to make it either. Happy New year, everyone.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Is anyone flying today? The weather is supposed to be good for the next few days and I'm home for a few and it would be nice to fly with you guys.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.