Aftershock, composite glider...
You would have to do some investigating to find out if it would be useful for your cnc setup or any other cnc program. I'm going to look into importing files to FeatureCAM.
devCad, devFus, devWing, devFoam | Cad and Cam applications
Profili 2 - wing airfoils managing, printing and analysis software
laying up another horizontal, to actually be used.
Molds waxed then sit for a day. Then painted and sat for a day. This morning, mixed up epoxy, and in goes a layer of glass, then kevlar laid down on that for the live hinge for elevator, then a layer of carbon on a 45 angle, then a layer of uni carbon, then a piece of 1/32 balsa to help stiffen as a 'sandwich'... then final layer of carbon on a 45 on top of that. Then into the vac bag. Tonight will pull them out, mix up some epoxy and cabosil and join the halves, leaving that to sit overnight.
well my shed is HOT. So everything cured much faster than anticipated. So I pulled the horizontal. Not perfect, but stiff as hell, and once I cut the elevator I will know if it's a success or not.
Also laid up a wing. Molds not perfect, but really, it's a damn prototype, so why put massive hours into making it perfect. Waxed them, painted them, laid them up the same way as the horizontal. Glass, then carbon on a 45, then uni carbon, then some balsa, then carbon. Bagged. Once pulled from bag, set up my foam noodles with carbon socks and laid them out in palace, put the goop around the edges and sealed it up. Will see if it comes out in the morning. No doubt will not be perfect, but may be useable I hope. And I forgot the kevlar for the hinges so will have to fully cut the ailerons off and silicon hinge them on.
Is good and stiff, I know where reinforcement is needed.
But I need more clamps, with the caps and spars in there, I did not have enough pressure on the TE so I have some openings and places where it's too thick. Will buy some more clamps for next one.
Will slice up this one to check cap and spar placement and make sure internals are good. Also use the center section to form the proper seat on the fuse plug.
Considering how nice your work usually is, that does look a little rough.
decided to make it a t tail instead of a cross tail, for several reasons. Have it mostly set, some sanding and build up to do for the attachment point.
Was looking at incidence meteres online, OMG the hobby companies charge us far far far too much for that stuff. Gonna use the phone with an app that does that same, and probably a clam to go from LE to TE. Need to get the plane set so the wing is level, then see where the tail is to make sure it lines up.