Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Now you will have to register your 'drone'.... with the FEDS...

Nice.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Petition filed Aug 2014?   over a year ago?  Well, good luck to  you all.  If I ever get back in the hobby I will a criminal.

Back to the top

FAA Finally Admits Names And Home Addresses In Drone Registry Will Be Publicly Available

The FAA finally confirmed this afternoon that model aircraft registrants' names and home addresses will be public. In an email message, the FAA stated: "Until the drone registry system is modified, the FAA will not release names and address. When the drone registry system is modified to permit public searches of registration numbers, names and addresses will be revealed through those searches."
Back to the top

I have a good friend and modeler that works for the FAA and he sent me the  FULL NOTICE OF PROPOSED RULEMAKING FOR UAS and in it,it says that it will follow the 2012 law that Congress made about model aircraft.

MMAA President
Back to the top

e. Model aircraft operators SHOULD follow best practices including limiting operations to 400 feet
above ground level (AGL).

This sentence is copied directly from the FAA Advisory Circular 91-57a, the newly updated one concerning the altitude operating limitations of model aircraft/drones. They specifically say you "should", not "must" fly below 400 feet AGL, Above Ground Level.  As long as we, at the MMAA model airfield, maintain LOS, Line Of Sight and maintain visual separation from any full size, man carrying aircraft, we can fly up to but not including 18,000 feet above sea level. Currently, free flight and control line models are exempt from registration and altitude restrictions.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Keyword "Should". Who is going to patrol the height of your model? If you were flying at those heights then you were breaking the rules before, and why would you be worrying now?
Back to the top

I stand corrected. Someone on the RCGroups forum said if you fly your model aircraft above 10,000 feet above sea level and above 2,500 feet above ground level, it must have an operable transponder and be on.  :lol:  No worries, what is the field elevation at Centennial model field?
So, if the field is at 5700 MSL, feet above Mean Sea Level, we could legally fly 4,300 feet above ground level before we would have to install a transponder in our models. That is pretty high up. Honestly, I don't think you have to have a transponder in model airplanes, yet.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.