Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Chilly fly Friday 1/01/2016

well at last we can salabrate a new year with some cold weather flying. I have not been able to get out to the field for a while but i am driving now so I will get out some time this next week and up date you guys on the road and run way. At least we don't have to go the back way this year 

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Well, with any luck, I'll be there with something on skis. This could be fun. At least the chili will be good. Thanks Carl.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

This is sure a strange year for me. It doesn't look like I'll make the chili fly either. I've missed more events this one year than I ever missed before. I'm kinda bummed about it. Weather permitting, I'll be out there the weekend after. Guess it's a good thing I'm not on the board now, cause I'd not be much help to anyone.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

We will start at 10:00am I will have my trailer and chili and hot chocolate.

MMAA President
Back to the top

I will go out and check out the road on Thursday and let you know what it looks like

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Thanks Cliff. If it's not too bad, I'll bring the car.
Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Hey guys, my parents recently moved to olathe and i was there over the christmas holiday. My dad got me into the hobby in the late 80s and i have stuck with it ever since but he got out of it many years ago. I got him a simulator a few Christmases ago and he has spent plenty of time on that. This year i gave him my old dx7 and and a umx corsair and he is really excited to get back into flying. I visited the field when i was there so he knows where it is at and is planning on visiting the freeze fly. He is not ama yet but i hope he gets deeply back into the hobby. Hopefully i will be able to make it back out there this summer and do some flying. I just fly helis. Im from salt lake by the way
Back to the top

Jake, we look forward to meeting you and your dad. Hopefully we will have a buddy box & plane available at the chili fly so we can get him in the air!

I am bringing corn bread (with and without jalapeņos) & others will be bringing stuff to eat as well. We always have a fun time. 
Back to the top

I plan on bringing my trainer with the buddy box. Maybe I can help out!
Back to the top

Excellent guys! You sound like a great flying group. I just spoke with him and he is planning on being there. He has flown for a long time but the new technology is pretty new to him. His name is kevin, he will be in an orangish keep rubicon. I hope he catches the rc bug again!
Back to the top

I have the trailer ready with new lights and better heat and more power

MMAA President
Back to the top

MORE POWER!!!! 😀
Back to the top

Well, folks, 
The road to the Centennial Model Field is plowed. The County road to the entrance is not. I plowed from the turn-off on in, so, if you can make it to the gate, you'll be in great shape. If not, I'll bring a tow strap. It's not bad, maybe 4 inches of snow but I would suggest something with good gription, is that a word?  :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Thank You Randy!!! 😀😀😀
Back to the top

You are most welcome. :thumbs:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.