Skip navigation

Hanger 9 1/4 scale Tiger Moth.

Hi Gary,

I thought about the dowels as stand-offs but the existing blind nuts in the firewall don't line up with the holes in the AXI motor mounting plate. So, I bought an E-flite X-Large adjustable motor mount from Tower hobbies and it doesn't line up either! Oh well. When all else fails, make it custom!  :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Gsheard,

You mean that if you get something a little tweaked on an outrunner mount you can bend something that will damage the motor? I didn't know that was possible.
Back to the top

Here is the spacer-box mount. Still tweaking it as the cowling is very tight.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

The cowl fits! Woo-hoo! :o

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Looks really good! What do you have left to do? Any pictures of the insides?
Back to the top

Well, I have to mount the motor batteries, install the servos, hook up the control linkages and assemble the wings, so quite a bit left to do. This little motor mount took me three days to make. But it's done and the cowling fits so moving on.:P

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Very cool.
Back to the top

The motor batteries are in and the ESC is on. Now to hook up the rudder with cables and the 2 elevator servos with push rods. O_o

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

What lipo's do we see in the pictures? Is it a 6s and a 2s lipo? Something with a deans, and a xt60 connector going on there?
Back to the top

The batteries are 2-5 cell, 5000mah LiPo's in series with a 90 amp Jeti ESC. I think I'll arrange the batts vertically, to make room for the servos and receiver battery. :dry:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Looking good Randy. We'll have to fly our red and silver tiggies in formation when your done. Seeing yours got me in gear to get mine out of "moth balled" status.

Merlin, I had a .90 size outrunner with standoffs which deflected the mount legs just enough to cause some binding internally. I was pretty surprised myself.
Back to the top

Hi Gary, good to hear from you. The motor batteries were best left horizontal. They are held on to a tray with velcro and the hatch will have rubber foam to secure the big LiPo batterie s. The receiver battery was mounted behind the LiPos with foam and velcro straps.  The hatch is now bolted on with blind nuts for durability. On to the servo and controls hook up tomorrow.

Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I had to reinstall the LiPos vertically. This made more room for the receiver battery and the servo tray was reinstalled in it's original position. So far, everything fits.:lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

More photos.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Looks very clean so far. Are the servo's not High Voltage to run a 2s lipo rather than the NiMh?
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.