Skip navigation

Hanger 9 1/4 scale Tiger Moth.

No, they're just regular old digital, metal geared servos from an older airplane. :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

couldn't you use one of your old speed controllers with a BEC as a voltage limiter/regulator so you can eliminate the Nimh battery? Seems that I read that somewhere.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Yes, that is true. The batteries for the receiver are just a back up in case the ESC/BEC fails. I've done it on smaller, more expendable models, like the Jester and the Airboat. This bird and the Tiger 60 have dedicated receiver batteries.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I have a Scorpion Backup Guard on my Diabolo, and it seems to work pretty well so far. It will watch the voltage, and if it dips below 5v it will send power to your electronics. I had a really nice OptiGuard that would charge itself through your BEC, and do the same as the Scorpion. I have a young puppy that seemed to like how it tasted. :/ 

The Scorpion is only 25 dollars to boot. While the optiguard is a 100. Really, you can't beat the price of the Scorpion even though you have to charge up the pack.http://www.scorpionsystem.com/catalog/accessories/backup_guard/S_Backup_Guard/

Back to the top

This new bird will have something tried and something true, stuff that I have around from previous airplanes.
Here are some more photos. See the dirt on the tires in the last photo? I taxied it in the driveway! :o

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Heck, it has a wing thing on the top, should have flown it!

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.