Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Hanger 9 1/4 scale Tiger Moth electric conversion

Sunday, tomorrow,  Mike Rice and I plan on being out at the field around 11:00. We'll have a new fellow out as well. His name is Adam. I called him today, from the text message I got from MMAA and he said he would like to come out and see what kind of flying goes on.
     Mike will bring his Antic biplane and I'll bring the big Moth. It should be a nice day out there, tomorrow. Hope to see you there.  :thumbs:

Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Here is the Tiger Moth in it's hanger. :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I will try to be out to see the moth fly.  I have a little pylon plane I may bring as well.   Needs a maiden.
Back to the top

Cool, I'll bring out the quad copter or multi-rotor, as they say. :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

We had a great time today. Mike R. came out and helped me rig the wings on the Tiger Moth. Thanks Mike. He showed me a few tips on holding the rigging in position.
I think it will stay tight now. It sure flies nice. I let Gary H. and Sabin take a turn at the sticks and they enjoyed it. Just like his 1/4 scale Tiger Moth, Gary commented. Pretty stable and gentle were the common words describing the handling characteristics.
   Adam, I didn't catch his last name, came out with his wife and daughter and watched and picked up a membership application. He said he would mail a check in after the 1st of the new year. He is a full scale pilot, working on his Instructor certificate.
   It was a good day, sunny and calm winds. Paul A. and I flew our quad copters, when we had a little break in the action. They were fun and definitely help keep your flying skills sharp! Maybe we'll set up a course and try some quad racing, sometime. Sounds like fun! :lol:

Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Well, the Tiger Moth is for sale. With everything, it's $1500.00. It's too big for this tiny home.
Please PM for further details.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Good luck with the sale.   Nice looking and good flying plane.
Back to the top

Thanks Paul. It probably won't sell but I'll keep flying it until it does. ;)

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I know the feeling.   Perhaps getting word out to the GJ club will open more chances for it to sell.   Not sure how to do that though, maybe flier put up at their site?
Back to the top

Have you tried Craigs List? You should be able to go statewide.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Not yet. Thanks, though.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.