Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Aerotetris F20

Nice, will it be able to use Centennial fields runway?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I do not see why not.  I think the whole idea of 'sucking up' material is a bit over the top.   People all over the US fly EDF's off dirt, without issue.   

Back to the top

It will be interesting to see how much runway it uses.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Yeah, I am planning a 6S setup to try to keep it 'light' … but once you add all that, and retracts, etc..  Not sure where the weight is gonna end up.    Wonder if I am gonna have to start way down on the hill on the runway (to the left).
Back to the top

Cool, can't wait to see an EDF jet take off from our field. This will be a treat!  :)

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Is gonna be a while.  I long build.
Back to the top

We'll probably have to de-weed and prep the runway for this maiden flight to occur. :lol:

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

have been working on this, slowly.  Got the slices glued up back to where the first wing rod/joiner will go.   Brass tube just sitting in place for show right now.   And another shot of how the wing will fit in there.  will need loads of fairing done there as well. 
Back to the top

Well now I have a tabletop bandsaw again, so I can start making some of the wood parts I need to make.   Oh, and my heavy duty electric retracts came.

If not this one, I will be working on some plane all weekend...   yipee. 
Back to the top

Looks good. It's nice to have a workbench.
Neat construction method.

Last edit: by Pilatuspc12

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

making hatch area and hold downs for fan

Back to the top

So you can get a better idea of the plane and size...
Back to the top

working on the LG, here is the nose gear and where it will sit in the plane.

Back to the top

working on the wings.  capping flaps and ailerons...   much work to do. 

Back to the top

Looks like quite a project. The gear looks to be well constructed. Been watching this project since you started the thread. Keep the progress reports coming.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.