Soling 1 meter sailboat

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Jim, your boat looks good, what size is it? Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

James K. said

I will be picking up a used sailboat from Len. Lets get together.
James, what type of boat are you picking up? Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Tippodriver said

Now its time to join the AMYA to get the numbers to put on your sails. Did those sails come with battens? Nice pics with the fall colors in the background. Hey, I had a contact today from a potential new member who is an electric aerobatic flyer. Just up your alley. When you aren't sailing that is.
Jim, Yes, I'm going to order the sail numbers shortly. There's no battens allowed in this class, other classes allow them though. Was that fellows name Chris? Just curious. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Pilatuspc12 said

James K. said

I will be picking up a used sailboat from Len. Lets get together.
James, what type of boat are you picking up? Randy
Not sure of the brand, actually I have never seen it lol. Mono hull type about 50" from mast to keel.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Oh, it's a little boat! LOL, just kidding. I would love to sail with you , James. Both James, actually. Currently, I'm using Confluence lake to sail but I'm open to other suggestions. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

My boat is 38 inches from top of the sail to the keel. about 24 inches long. I built it from plans in a magazine over 50 year ago. It is just built from wooden formers and poster board covering. It was not designed for RC control but I put a signal channel rcvr with a round and round servo in it.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Jim, what type material did you use for the sails? Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

I think it was part of an old bed sheet.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Randy, the fellow's name is Bob. If you guys wait just a little longer, you'll have to make some ice boats.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Jim, I think an air boat should go over the ice and snow. That's what I'm making now. I'll be out at the field this Saturday with John C. Any bites on the Banquet yet? Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Yeah, but an air boat just isn't like a sailboat. Airboats have those whirly things on the back. So far, John and I are the only people I know of who have expressed interest in the party, but it is typical to have things take a while to build up steam. Another email to the members is probably in order. I'm sure that Carl will be there, Cliff, I think Paul is planning on attending. I'll bet that Don will be there too.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

I'll be there…
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Here she be, planning on a first sail tomorrow. Len said he has sailed her in 20+ winds with no problems, so I am hoping its gusty.[br][br]
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

Hey James, Will you be there at Confluence Lake tomorrow? What time and I'll bring my boat. Thanks, Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Soling 1 meter sailboat

You should put some lights on it and sail it right now... thing would be faster than your power boat... ;)
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.