Skip navigation

Boating on Confluence Lake in Delta

Is the soling kit all you need to build one (other than glue and tools)? (the ~ 145 kit from… um, victor?)
Back to the top

Yes, the only things you need are paint and glue. It has the plain fittings which are good. You can get all kinds of upgrades from various suppliers, if you want. The stock set ups work very well because they are light weight. Terry Ryan's boat just barely came in at 10 pounds. I added fiberglass cloth keel reinforcement and ply bulkheads to the keel and rudder mount areas to make it a bit more durable. It's a good one design boat where the skipper makes the difference.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Pilatuspc12 said

James, I came across this while surfing for a potential rescue boat. What type of work boat is this? Randy[br][br]
Dunno, but I would love the prop.
Back to the top

I think it's one of those German "raebosch" props.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Here is a link to some video Gunther took on his "Atlantis". Robbe Atlantis-Harlekin, micro burst sailing - YouTube

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

This Saturday, the 25th of June, I am meeting with Terry Ryan and we are going to sail our Solings at the Harper Lake Model Yacht Club Circumnavigation Regatta. It will be in Louisville, CO and we'll take some photos! It is open to all classes of sailboats. There should be about 30 boats there. www.hlmyc.org

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

If anyone cares, I will probably go down to Confluence lake tomorrow,Saturday, somewhere around 11 a.m. and try my sailboat again and probably my clumsy airboat.
Back to the top

Change of plans. Probably won't go till Monday.
Back to the top

Jim, I would like to join you, if that's OK. I need to go sailing and clear some cobwebs out. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I would love to have you come there too. I probably will be there somewhere around 11 a.m.
Back to the top

On monday that is.
Back to the top

Righto, barring any unforeseen circumstances, my chauffeur should take me there at 11:00. Thanks, Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Here we go again. Just got a notice that my niece from California is coming to visit tomorrow, and I don't have any idea what will be happening or for how long. So I probably will not be going this monday either. It would have been a chance for our wives to meet too, but I guess not this time. Sorry. Jim
Back to the top

Jim, that's OK, we'll play it by ear. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

It probably won't happen this week. Several things have come up that we weren't expecting. Have fun everybody. Jim
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.