Contract: Login Login / Search

Mountain Models Jester Glider

Well, it's started again.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Lookin good Randy. Have you engineered the motor set up yet?
Back to the top

Yes, I think I'll use the AXI 2217/16 brushless/outrunner motor I have from my airboat with an 1800-2100 mah 3cell LiPo battery and a 12x6 folding prop for now. I'll have to try a 25-30 amp BEC/ESC. It should pull it up OK at about 45 to 50 ounces AUW. It should have a power loading of about 80 WPP. What are all those acronyms? BEC/ESC - Battery Eliminator Circuit/Electronic Speed Control LiPo - Lithium Polymer AUW - All Up Weight WPP - Watts Per Pound

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I thought ESC stood for escapement.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Perhaps a few years ago.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Back in the saddle again. The work on the Jester has begun again. Here is a photo of the top sheeting being installed on the center section. This has a three panel wing. I talked with Tippodriver and he said it would be easy! Ha! I had to not only CA the corners but wood glued the ribs, spars and the leading edges and then pin them and tape them down to get everything straight and hold properly. Later today, the outer wing panels will be started. For now, I'm just going to leave them stock. No ailerons.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Pilatuspc12,glad to see you throwing some sticks togetherand moving towards another glider we can all critique. Im looking forward to seeing the Jester. This is a kit I have also thought about building. Missed seeing you Sat. Hope you are on the mend.
Back to the top

Thanks John, things are good now, lost some weight, which is OK! Arr-Ar! I can't wait to get this puppy up and running for ALES!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

ok randy the build off is on ok ours is all most there hope your getting better so we can get in some flying before snow flys

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

That's the plan, it should be done soon!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Pilatuspc, nice to have your health back. Looking forward to seeing the Jester. Have you been using Ca or white glue or combination of both? What do you think of the kit?
Back to the top

It's a very nice kit. Laser cut and all. Perhaps, it is built a bit heavy but it should be perfect for ALES or just thermaling around in the good lift we have at the field.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Since I know you're working on it, got any updates?

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Just building the wing and catching up on honey-do's! We received about 3 inches of snow, last night. No flying today.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Finishing the top wing sheeting. Then the rib cap strips. Ho-hum.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.