Contract: Login Login / Search

Mountain Models Jester Glider

Here's a photo of so far.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Your workbench looks waaay tooo neat and uncluttered.
Back to the top

Thanks, Jim. I just happened to clean it before I took the picture, thanks!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Work on the left wing panel. Installation of the vertical shear webbing. Cut an fit and sand. Repeat.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Stay with it Pilatus. Looking forward to seeing the completed airframe one of these days.
Back to the top

It should be coming along, soon.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Looking at your last picture, I see by the plans the rudder has a balance tab. Are you building that way or going to modify?
Back to the top

I think the rudder will be modified to have a straight hinge line and I might add some wing tip extensions. I'll have to measure the car as the wing will be one piece. More aspect ratio is better.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Hey man get that bugger in the air! The wing won't notice that it isn't any longer than the rest of them. I need to see if I can work thermals better than you. I'm anxious for some competition in the electric sailplane realm. By the time you get that built, I may have worn out my airframe.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Here is the latest work on the left wing panel. The top and bottom sheeting was added and the bottom cap strips were added also. Tonight, I'll finish the top cap strips and start sanding it down in preparation for joining the panels.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

of corce standing on your head wile working helps u think

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Sorry about that, Cliff. This camera is funny sometimes. The wing panels are finished. Now, all I have to do is join them. Here is a couple of photos, in case they are upside down. It only does it on this website, by the way. Tomorrow, the wing goes together.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

More to come. Wing joining has begun.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Dun yet?

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Working on those beloved spoilers. I made bracket boxes for each spoiler servo to be attached with screws so they could be removed for maintenance or replacement. I made the linkage mechanism just like they said in the construction manual and it did not work. So I had to try a different approach and we'll see if that works. Photos to come.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.