Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Another Theft of MMAA Property

thanks to randy,bob,tom,tom iggy,alexas as it took all of us to un load and place it[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Should we contact crime stoppers and maybe put an add in the paper offering a reward for information or the return of our stuff? I have a bad feeling we are not done with these ?@XX!*'er's
Back to the top

these guys are coming out with the sole purpus to steel stuf thay may live close by. if i rember we hamerd the threds on the gate so it took time to get it off

Back to the top

I will contact the Sheriff again today to add the gate to the list, and see about the crimes toppers thing. At the very least, a letter to the editor asking if anyone has any info to please contact the sheriff. Before contacting the sheriff, I'll get some kind of estimate of the replacement cost of the gate. My guess is that it will be under $100.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

That was a 14' gate, and they did not pull the hinges out of the RR tie post. They did not back the nuts off the bolts where the threads were hammered flat. It looks like they somehow swiveled the hinge pins enough to lift the gate off. Obviously we didn't make it anywhere near difficult enough. I love the new table. It sure as heck won't blow away! O' the gate priced at Murdoch's for 2" tubing would be $159.99. For future reference: our case number with the sheriff's department is S12-10488. Jim

Back to the top

Just did an interview with the Daily Press. They decided to do a short article on the theft rather than just a letter to the editor. Surprise.

Back to the top

did u tell them were to send donation to help replace the stuf we lost

Back to the top

That's funny, Cliff!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Sounds good Jim. Even if we dont get the stuff back, we can put the heat on them so they dont feel so comfortable coming back and helping themselves. Of course this is assuming they can read??
Back to the top

Seems like the best option is someone camping out there, heavily armed, hidden in a manner that nobody heading out there to party or steal stuff can see anyone out there until it's too late.
Back to the top

Just got a call that someone is going to donate a gas grille to us. Lives at the corner of Oak Grove and 6100 Rd. Cool. I'll call him, but will need someone with a PU to haul it.

Back to the top

We've had notification of a second grille and 2 cattle gates. At this time do not know condition of grilles or gates, and the size of the gates. It is cool that the community is stepping forward to help out.

Back to the top

Jim, If you need a trailer to haul that, let me know. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

I will probably need a trailer but don't quite know how things will shake out yet.

Back to the top

I got a call from Skip Huston this morning (Huston Construction)who is going to donate 2 heavy steel picnic tables with plastic tops. I think we'll get handicap accessible tables. He says they are too heavy for 2 people to lift. They are currently not assembled, and he will haul them to Cliff's warehouse till we can get them put together and have the opportunity to chain them to the cabanas like Carl did yesterday, or secure them in another way. I have not been able to reestablish contact with the folks who were going to donate the gates. I'll keep trying.

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.