Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Another Theft of MMAA Property

I am glad that people would actually recognize the matter.
Back to the top

my boss has a 16' gate he will give us we can cut it down if we need it

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Cliff, If you need a 12 foot trailer to haul anything, please let me know. I'll come haul it. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

OK boys. I have 2 twelve foot gates here that I can pick up, or the one Cliff has. I need to know which way we want to go so that I can tell the woman who wants to donate the 12 foot ones.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

If I remember correctly the one that was stolen was a 14. Because we already have the gate H-braces in I think it would be easier to cut one down but is there any place else we might want a gate?
Back to the top

You remember correctly Mike, it was a 14er. Carl would like to pick up the 12 footers too, because he can trade one of them for the use of the welder to fasten the new tables to the northern cabanas. The other gate may be useful as an alternate access point through the fence near the pit facility once we have fencing completed.

Back to the top

New development: D&G Wrecker Service her in Montrose will be donating a brand new grille, and because we do good things for the community, would like to sponsor us through occasional donations toward our projects. Yes, activities like the Partners day where we give to our community can benefit MMAA in more ways than one. These community projects were part of the vision of the folks who founded MMAA, and we hope it will remain that way.

Back to the top

I sent a letter to the editor of the Montrose Daily Press to thank all those who had donated things to help us recover from the thefts. However, the editor chose not to publish it as a letter to the editor, and instead did a short article on the editorial page about how well the community responded to help us recover from the thefts, and naming all those who have responded to assist us.

Back to the top

We have been hit again. Someone took a bolt cutter to the big cabinet and finished what they started before. They got the propane bottle, sprayer, herbicide, wasp killer, orange spray paint for center line painting, key for another lock, first aid kit, and a hi-start. I think more stuff than that was taken but have not taken inventory of what we had in there for a while. They buggered up the door on the small cabinet but I just got that fixed. (originally sent from the field via cell phone)

Back to the top

Jim, I went out flying today and did some figuring. I believe I can make both cabinets theft proof unless they bring a torch. I won't be at the next meeting as I will be gone for 3 weeks starting Thursday but after I get back I will get the materials and take care of the cabinets if the club is interested. It will take an additional "key" of sorts but still won't be bad to open if you know how
Back to the top

Have you guys thought about moving your security camera? Whoever is doing this may have figured out how to avoid it. Like they do on the TV shows. Also, you think AMA might be willing to help you out a little with funding to replace stuff, or upgrade storage/security?
Back to the top

Well, Mr. Merlin, If we had someone there with some ammo, waiting for them, that too might solve the problem. Carl, where are you!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

iam back I think we need to get the gate up big chain and lock

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Welcome back Cliff. I agree, what do you think about a combination lock? We'll have to make it so they cant cut it.
Back to the top

I am working on it

MMAA President
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.