Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

CHILI FLY 2013

CHILI FLY 2013

CHILI FLY 2013

Mike, since some of us will be out partying till maybe 1:00, I really don't want to shoot for any earlier than 10:00 myself. Randy do you think you will have enough corn bread, or should I make some too. Has anyone said they'd bring hot chocolate or hot cider? I no longer have the MMAA foam cup supply; does someone else? I do have paper cold cups, lots of foam plates (no bowls), some plastic utensils, and lots of napkins. I have some balloons Mike. Will you want them for anything?

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

Bring the baloons along. I have some but I may need more. We'll see. 10:00 sounds good for me. If it ends up being too cold to fly then we can have a fun fly in the spring.
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

What should I bring, the Diablo or the Extra 300?
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

I don't know, which one can you fly better and control better on the ground?
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

It would have to be the Extra, it is also more aerobatic and will actually snap roll.
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

may need skis if the wheels aren't very large. I'll bring along some cider to heat up.

Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

OK, I'll be there with the 2 Pots of Chili, with shredded cheese and sweet corn bread with bowls and spoons. I should be there about 11:00. Do we need matches or a fire starter for the grill? Can anyone bring some paper towels?

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

I just wanted to let everyone know I tested the Chilies. They were great. The regular one is normal, not too spicy with good flavor. The white bean chicken chili will keep you warm on a cold winter's day! The smoked chipotle peppers added a little kick to it. Don't forget to bring something to drink, just in case. See you tomorrow.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

It was a beautiful day for flying. Started off a bit cold, but winds were light enough to fly my micro park zone Mosquito. The turnout was a bit light, but I suspect that some folks just felt the access might be a problem. A bit slick, but Carl got his 2 wheel drive van in there with a trailer behind it, and Bob Hatch managed to get his Hyundai(SP?) sedan in. The chili and corn bread were excellent. Thank you Brenda and Randy. We also had hot chocolate thanks to Carl, and some hot cider. Mike Rice rolled the runway, and although the snow was very dry it packed well enough to fly a micro warbird with wheels. Thanks Mike.

Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

yes thank you randy and brenda for the chili and corn bread.we got some pitc

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

so here they are[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][
br][br]

Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

some more[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]

Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

and some more[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]

Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

Got cool, brief vids (avi - Windows media player) of Carl taking off and landing on the runway snow with skis and sounds of our newest honorary club member Joshua rooting Carl in for his landing in the background. Wish I could post them somewhere on the website, but avi files are not accepted for upload. Any suggestions?
Back to the top

CHILI FLY 2013

put them on youtub the link to web

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.