Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

AMA District IX Colorado West Slope Happenings

I have been given the opportunity to become the Associate Vice President for AMA District IX reporting, as best that I can, the aircraft modeling activities on the Colorado west slope to AMA District IX Vice President Jim Wallen. Some of these reports may be included in the District IX section of the monthly Model Aviation magazine. Jim and I both believe that this area of his district should have more visability to the AMA community in the state as well as the nation and perhaps that can now be corrected. I am now identified as an Associate Vice President in the Associated Vice President's list for District IX in Model Aviation. Jim is looking for reports of basically any modeling activities AMA sanctioned or not and any club activities from flying events to social gatherings. I would also like the AMA via Jim Wallen to be made aware of all the conservation work with the various government agencies that has been accomplished. A really great story here that needs to be told! This thread is intended as way of identifying future or highlighting recently past activities to me. Thanks for any help you can provide. Bob
Back to the top

I'll start this thread off with a request for photos of our recent ChiliFly. You can email them to me at my address in the Jan. Model Aviation Dist. IX Assoc. VP list. Or attach them to a PM if that will work. Thanx
Back to the top

Forgot to make clear that I will always credit the source of photos or text that I receive and pass along.
Back to the top

i will try to send the ones i got to u and if i can get in my old computer some of the indoor flying we did

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

I'll try to get some information to you on the work with the Fish and Wildlife Service, BLM, and State to preserve the Endangered plant. May take me a few days to get the time to do so. Do you have the information from the Partners flying day and the Hanging with Dad activities from this past summer? I really think we need to toot our horns for those activities, especially since we've been doing them for so long. I don't remember if I ever got a final head count from Partners. It seems to me that I started to compile the information for these two events, but don't know where I put it. I'll look.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Cliff, that would be great if you can get to them. Can you send me the pictures that you posted here? Jim, I don't have all the info from this years partner's day so please send it as well as the info you can find for the work with BLM, etc.. Does anyone have pictures of the RV4 fly-by from this year? That was pretty spectacular! Thanx
Back to the top

Andrew Weaver took the photo of the RV4 which belongs to MMAA member Mike Mclain. If you go to Partners of Delta, Montrose & Ouray there is a photo of you with one of the Partners kids at this past September's event.

Back to the top

Jim has written a great article about the recent Hanging with Dad and Partners' Day last year which I will forward to Jim Wallen our AMA Dist IX V.P for possible inclusion in the Model Aviation District IX page. It'd really be terrific if we could include a picture of the spectacular smoke-on RV4 fly-by. Anyone got one I could send?
Back to the top

Bob, did you get the photo you were looking for?

Back to the top

Ahha..Perhaps a little late, but finally found this picture from last year's Partners' Day of Mike M.'s lowww smoke on flyby and hopefully got it uploaded to the forum.
Back to the top

[br][br]
Back to the top

You guys have any photos from your activity last month, men in the mix? It'd be good to see what went on there.
Back to the top

Have pics will post soon. Maybe Jim got some from the organizers also.
Back to the top

Pics from 2013 Hanging with Dad[br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Posting these pics reminded me how much angst I had about the Slingsby falling down and hitting some little kid on the head. But, it looks like Jim probably would have broken the fall of the thing.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.