Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Flying Field Conditions

Flying Field Conditions

Flying Field Conditions

Here is the cross strip on the east side the gully closest is not far from the main strip. You can see 2 more gullies in the distance. I have more photos, but you get the idea.[br][br]

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

O THE ACCESS ROAD. YOU WILL NOT MAKE IT OUT THERE IN ANYTHING OTHER THAN A FOUR WHEEL DRIVE. PEOPLE HAVE BEEN DRIVING AROUND THE MUD BOG AND WE DID TOO. TRUST ME YOU DO NOT WANT TO TRY DRIVING THROUGH THAT THING. YOU WILL DISAPPEAR. Cliff had used the drag on the road and runway about a week ago, but the storms hit again. We have a bit more damage from runoff cutting through the few ditches we have in place and heading for the runways. One spot is starting to cut across the runway just south of the infamous safety fence. The gully to the north on the main runway has gotten eaten out again, and probably gotten a little deeper.

Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

Well, some of us will be out there tomorrow. We will cut the weeds and have a good time.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

O' lunch stuff! I forgot. Guess it's each guy for hisself. See ya there. Always look forward to seein my flying buddies.

Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

I think we all should thank Cliff for coming up with the new drag at the field. It seems to do a very good job of filling the washouts in the runway. Thanks Cliff!
Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

FYI, the flying field and access road are dry. I did drag the main runway yesterday to start filling in the rain damage gullies. As a result, the surface is dusty, and a fair number of rocks were turned up. If you are going to fly, be prepared to spend a little time clearing rocks first. If anyone has the time to roll the runways, it would be much appreciated.

Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

Thanks Cliff for making up that drag. It really pulls up those nasty weeds!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Flying Field Conditions

Fyi, I was out to the field today and the runway was in good shape. I tried to get the rocks out of the runway but did not drag it. I didn't think it was necessary. Flying was good with no wind. At least my plane came back not needing repairs !!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.