Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Altitude Limited Electric Soaring

Well, I'm home for a couple of days, so I should be able to get a wee bit done on the Jester, this week. Yippee!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Good news

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Well, a bit of news. Here is a new website for Polecat Aeroworks. They have taken over where the old company left off. Their new gliders are ALL made in the USA! I'm looking at a couple of them for motor gliding at the field. Here is their website. www.polecataero.com

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

The Oracle looks affordable and it's purty too. I wonder how much trouble a guy would have at a distance with only that thin tail boom to see. The vertical isn't very large either so I'd be leery of the old eyes being able to keep it in sight. Still would be nice to try it. If that is the fully equipped weight it is really light for the span and wing area.
Back to the top

It looks like it should be fairly visible at altitude.[br][br]

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

When the sailplane is overhead, I don't think visibility would be much of an issue with the Oracle's bright colors. When I follow those boomers downwind and have more of a side-on view than an overhead one, that's where the slight increase in profile would be helpful.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.