Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Weekend flying

Weekend flying

I know several people work and cannot get out on the weekdays so why don't we make an effort to get out on Saturday and sunday in mass and have some fun. After all it is more fun than flying alone. Plus we can razz each other when things don't go just right. Like my landings with the sweet n' low. Still don't know what is going on there.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

Are you kidding? Saturday has always been the busy day for the clubs I've been involved with. Evening potlucks on Saturday evenings with the families have been big events too.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

Anyone going flying this weekend? Looks like it may not be too bad, at least in the AM
Back to the top

Weekend flying

I hope you guys have a good time. I'm stuck here in Hereford, TX waiting for the weather to clear.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

I went out sunday for a while. The weather was great. Just a hint of a breeze right down the runway. Good flying too!
Back to the top

Weekend flying

Is anyone going flying tomorrow? If the winds are decent, I'll bring the Tiger 60 and the Telemaster ,if anyone would like a tow. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

Was out today early. Got a flight in before the winds. After that, I think the day was a bust wind-wise. I'd be up fer some towing if the wind stays descent tomorrow, Randy.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

I'm considering going out. Don't need a tow but would be interested in watching it.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

OK, I'll be out tomorrow morning about 09:00. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

I'm back from my anniversary trip, but now have to work to make up for the time lost on this seismic project while I was gone. Hope you guys have fun.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Weekend flying

well, I'll be out there tomorrow, with the towing apparatus. if the winds are descent, we'll fly!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

well, I wasn't able to be out yesterday, but will be there today. Does anyone need a tow today? If not, I'll only bring the Tiger 60. Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

Sailplane day on Saturday. Electric and good old fashioned high start. The thermals at the field are just too good to pass up. It'll soon be time to talk Bob into trying his Slingsby on the winch, although we may need to get heavier line for that thing.

Back to the top

Weekend flying

Gulp!! The winch??? First I've gotta get it in the air with the electric assist and put a CG MONTSTER tow hook on it some how. When's the last time that winch has been used? …..I mean in this century! My experience is that there are about dozen things that can happen winch launching and 11 of them are real bad…Although, I've used them in a past life, I never really felt comfortable. A lot depends on how well they are maintained.
Back to the top

Weekend flying

We used it the summer before last. A former Association member had it at his place and it took a while to get it. I did a test run about 2 months ago, and all is well. It would just be nice to have a second solenoid and a retriever. It should be removed from the little red wagon to make it easier to store in the cabinet at the field. I do not want to have custody of it forever. Bob, the worst thing is to have the solenoid get stuck and have the winch pull your sailplane through the turnaround. Can you say sawdust?

Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.