Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Oktoberfest Family Fun Fly is Scheduled

The family oriented fun fly event is scheduled for the evening of October 12, our normal monthly meeting day. Start up at about 5:00 pm. No business to bore the wives. It'll be a potluck, Cliff brings the fire. I'll chip in for brats, and we can purchase them at Walmart with our nonprofit card. BYOB. I do not want to buy 2 dozen brats for 35 people, so we'll need some kind of RSVP. Need someone to bring buns, potato salad, dessert, soda, etc. RSVP and pipe up on what you will bring to the potluck. Bring along any former MMAA members you can convince. Please let me know if I've forgotten anything.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

yes I will bring the fire pit and wood......how ever I will show up around noon and may not leave till the next day some time so put me in for lunch and dinner

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

I will be out of town that wk. but will be happy to furnish the buns.
Back to the top

It looks as though I've talked Rob Lake into coming out. For those of you who do not know him, he's a former member who got lost in the full size hot rod disease. An outstanding pilot. (you'd never know it but he did teach me to fly)

Back to the top

Geez, I remember Rob from the old-old days out at Mexican gulch when I was Sabin's age.
Back to the top

That old-old comment will make his day. Are you going to be able to make it down? Sleep on the boat that night?

Back to the top

Yeah Rob was a pretty good pilot,but did he ever learn to fly right-side up?
Back to the top

It is very doubtful that I will make it down for this event. Sorry.
Back to the top

It looks like we are going down to the, "Ace -In-The-Hole", Electric fun fly in Las Vegas those dates. Sorry.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

right now I plan to be there but when does the flying start? If we are still having the meeting in the morning I assume we fly after that!
Back to the top

We will not have a morning meeting. We'll start the evening at 5 officially. There is no time set right now for the eating part of this. We can fly some first, visit, eat, fly some more, visit, drink beer, etc. If there are business issues we need to address, I suppose the Board can sequester themselves somewhere ahead of time perhaps. We'll give the spouses an opportunity to see exactly how we really spend out time out with our flying creations.

Back to the top

bump this thread to the top

Back to the top

Good news, Carol Mendenhall will be at this event which will also be a tribute to Bernie. She is going to bring her son and 2 grandsons. At least one of our former members will be there, and I will call some others and close friends of Bernie's who are not pilots. Come on boys and girls, this is an opportunity to have a good time and reconnect with your old friends, make some new friends, and keep in touch with your current flying buddies. If you have lights on an airplane or can get some installed before the 12th of October, bring it on.

Back to the top

This sounds like fun. Hope you guys are still able to make it happen if it rains as predicted.
Back to the top

hay Jim, As far as food. what do you still need as far as food that I can bring. Of course I will bring some beer. Do you want me to pick up some NA for those who don't drink?
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.