Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Oktoberfest Family Fun Fly is Scheduled

I'm going to bring 2 dozen bratwursts, and the same number of buns. I also have plates and napkins. We are out of cups. I have some plastic utensils but very few. I also have some ketchup and mustard. I think we are treating this as BYOB, but if we have many non-member guests they probably won't bring anything. So, it would not hurt to have a little extra in the way of drinks. Some NA would be handy for those who do not drink.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

The latest information from the flying field location is that it is a muddy mess. Jacob Edson, who lives about a mile from us, tells James that if there is any more rain tonite it will be days before things dry out enough to access the site. I have not heard from the Board yet, but I'd expect this even to be cancelled. I was really looking forward to it.

Back to the top

Anyone up for making a day of it next Saturday. Just stay out there after the Partners event, and Oktoberfest it. I'll do it. I'm out there till 3 or 4 most Saturdays anyway. Since the spouses are invited maybe they won't mind you being gone for a day. It'd be flying, eating, flying, BSing, eating, BSing, flying, drinking beer (getting driven home). The LED lights are on my Slow Stick for evening flying.

Back to the top

Jim, I plan to be there. The hots will be ready for smoke I think. Ill bring the supplys for the food( plates silverware etc. still looks good for weather then.
Back to the top

James and I took a really good look at the access road situation today, including how things are working when it is actually raining. Yes, we were running around in the adobes in the rain. Not too nuts. Anyway, even if the remainder of the week is dry and we got no added moisture access into the field on Saturday is going to be iffy. In my opinion, to be fair to the Partners folks we need to cancel the event as soon as possible so they can contact all their folks. See the flying site conditions thread for more details on what we found out there today.

Back to the top

well we had loads of fun we even had some partners out early good thing I brought a trainer with me. the night flying was a blast james got some videos if he gets them up loaded. we had some good flying sunday till 1:30

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Had a decent turnout, guests, bonfire, relatively carnage free days, food, good friends, and a bunch of flying....Ah yes.

Back to the top

Cliff and James flying a little electric combat, and the crew at the end of the day waiting to night fly.[br][br][br][br]

Back to the top

A few pics [br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

pics [br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

pics [br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

pics [br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Cool Beans, another motor glider.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

the guy with gliders name is mike and thinks he will join the club I buddy boxed him so he could fly he got in to some good lift and had a good time

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Outstanding, Cliff. Maybe we can get some more glider guiders into the club.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.