Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Flying Field Condition Updates

looks like james and I will go out to day and ck out the road as I will be driving my little car to see if all can get in will go out at 10:30 am

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Jim, I will be out Saturday to fly but I have a previous commitment for the evening. The weather looks good for next weekend, how about having the partners fly and octoberfest next Saturday instead of last minute tomorrow
Back to the top

I think we're going to do it tomorrow anyway. As for next weekend,on such short notice, Partners is unlikely to be able to get a group out. But, I'll extend an invitation to them to offer an opportunity to those individuals who'd like to come out to have some time on the sticks. Sound like an OK idea? Have to be sure we have some instructors/trainers on hand. Of course if folks want to have more time to prepare and Oktoberfest it next weekend what the heck. We need the group fun. It has been suggested by a few members that we need to start reaching out to local park flyer types. Maybe put a notice in the hobby shop inviting local AMA members to come out and fly with us. I guess that non AMA guys n gals could come out too to get to know us and the place. Just ideas. Sorry but I may be headed to UT to see my granddaughters next weekend.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Main road still out. Access good on bypass road, go slow over the deeper cuts and you should have no problem. Pics do not show the depth that well. [br][br]
Back to the top

Return trip pics[br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

pics[br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Should be out around 10:00. Whomever is coming out, watch your speed on carnation road as the boys in blue are out in force.
Back to the top

Thanks for the tip, I usually run a little fast there!
Back to the top

About the same conditions, getting a little better. Still using the bypass road.[br][br]
Back to the top

Ground hogs making a new home southern end of main runway. [br][br][br][br][br][br]
Back to the top

Taped the camera on the flymax for an attempt of runway inspection. Video is pitiful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f2O2l46a1w
Back to the top

So fast it made me dizzy. We need our prairie dog shooters out there. Prairie dogs will just raise holy hell with the runway. I've dealt with that elsewhere. Those holes are tough on landing gear.

Back to the top

11/01/13 @0900 Believe it or not there is 2wd access. Short vid showing conditions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdxUPZTQ0AA
Back to the top

Mass email sent to all members about the access.

Back to the top

Thanks for the video, James.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.