Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Partners Children 20th Annual Fun Fly

Greetings, Eric said he would be there and try to bring the Sukhoi. He hasn't flown it in a year and would most likely need some practice.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Jim, it was on the calendar, but I should have made the time earlier to give us a chance to get setup. It now says 9:00.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Thanks for the info, Jim. I didn't even think to look on the calendar. I think I need a keeper.
Back to the top

Jim, I just got back from Alaska so I haven't been on the sight for a while. Just letting you know I plan to be there with two trainers on buddy box. Only thing is only one can be flown at a time because of the radio setup so at least I will have a backup in case of a problem.
Back to the top

Mike Is it Futaba? If so u can use mine,the one u gave me,i repaired it.Work's good,let me know. Paul
Back to the top

Paul, only problem is the master for both is on 50mhz ham band and is the same transmitter so I am pretty well limited to one at a time!
Back to the top

ok gottcha!!
Back to the top

Planning on being there, with or without a plane!
Back to the top

For everyone's information. At the last meeting it was agreed that MMAA would purchase the food for this event. Funds will be taken from our bank account, and members will be asked to make a donation toward reimbursing the account. This is such a long running event for us, one that in the past has been much larger. Doing something special for the "at risk" children in our community is always a feel good project. If you haven't participated before, join in, you won't regret the time you spend.

Back to the top

I bought the chips for the event yesterday. That's our first food donation. When you buy anything for this event, please save your receipt for our records. Also, if any business contributes toward this event in any way, let me know so we can properly recognize their contribution. So far Ultra Hobbies is our sole business donor.

Back to the top

You guys are to be commended for doing this event every year. Those kids need positive experiences with as many adults and constructive activities as we can provide.
Back to the top

At least sometimes Safeway has $5.00 Friday. It may save you some money. Last week I'd bet is when Tippo purchased the chips. Check your flyer this week and see what may be on sale for $5.00. I think you need a Safeway card to get it.
Back to the top

MMAA ATTENDEES (Asterisk indicates an instructor): Jim Ferguson*, Cliff Hayes*, Mike Rice*, Carl Shoup*, Andrew Weaver, Paul Dufek, Jim Zimmerle, Mike Balas, Randy Schneider, Ed Mcburney, Dan Gable MAYBE MMAA ATTENDEES: Eric Faber*, NOT COMING: David Dreitlein, Randy Arndt, Mike Mclain, John Carboneau, Lawrence Swank, DONORS: Ultra Hobbies (balsa gliders), Colorado Division of Wildlife (Aircraft Flyover), Clubbs Store in Delta (balsa gliders), Steve Mathis (Waco biplane fly over), Mike Balas (donation toward food), Jim F. (food), Cliff Hayes (food), Brenda Schneider (food, apple fritters!).

Back to the top

In the past, we've tried to obtain some aviation related prizes for the kids. If any of you have any connections, or can solicit something like that from any local businesses it'd be great. Ultra Hobbies has already contributed balsa gliders as has Clubbs in Delta. I also have some stainless steel water bottles from Montrose Storage. I think we can use 2 of them. Ideas include: Large styrofoam gliders, small rocket kits, small display models(maybe metal or plastic not needing to be built), etc. If you get anything, please post it here, and I'll update the list in the post above. One prize we used to be able to get was a ride in a small light airplane. The individual who used to do that has (I think), lost his medical. If anyone knows a private pilot who might be willing to donate a ride, would you please give that pilot a call. One idea might be Steve Mathis, the attorney who flies the antique Waco around in the valley. There is another guy who flys a small helicopter around the valley who also gives kids rides from time to time. I have no idea who that is. If you do, can you contact him please. I'd bet he might even be willing to land on the site. I spoke with Rob Lake and he's going to speak with Steve Mathis about Waco rides or flyovers. I have a ground to air radio in my possession for the day of the event, thanks to Mike Mclain. Steve Mathis and the Waco are confirmed for a 10 o'clock fly over to start the program.

Back to the top

i will pick up the meat

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.