Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Partners Children 20th Annual Fun Fly

Cliff, what is the name of the manager at Clubbs who provided the gliders? I want to send a donation letter to Clubbs for their records.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

In the past, Don Geddes has given rides to a number of people. I will try to talk to him and see if he still might be willing.
Back to the top

Bump this thread to the top of the list on the home page.

Back to the top

Margie has torn the cartilage in her knee, which has certainly changed the amount of time I have free to work on this event. I will be there on Saturday, but between then and now, probably will be a bit constrained by helping her, doctor visits, and taking on some extra chores. So, someone needs to call the folks I have not called to find out if they are coming. Someone will have to show up at the field on Friday nite or sooner to give Clifford a hand. Please call him to find out what help he needs. I will coordinate with the full scale guys to make sure all goes as planned there.

Back to the top

Just spoke with Lisette at Partners, they do not have a number estimate for attendees yet, but she hopes to have one late this afternoon. They will bring lemondade. She is going to make 3 signs to help people make the correct turns off the highway and to the final turn just past the Selig Canal. She's going to drop them at my place and I'll haul them out to the site.

Back to the top

picked up the meat and have the camra dune will be out to the field tomarrow 7:30 or 8:00 am

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Can one of you readers please bring some big plastic trash bags.

Back to the top

Jim. Did you talk to Don Geddes?
Back to the top

I'll get the trash bags Jim
Back to the top

I'll be bringing the apple dumplings, the Tiger 60 and the Jester motor glider.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

i will be out at 8:am

Back to the top

Well, we had a very good time there. The 4 full size aircraft fly-bys were awesome. Many Heartfelt thanks go to Leonard Felix and his son, Seth for the SNJ/T-6 flybys and the wonderful toilet paper drops from the Super Cub! . The other thanks go to Steve Mathis and his wonderful fly-by with his Waco Biplane. That was magnificent! Steve Waters, from the division of wildlife, is to be congratulated on his accurate water drop at the intersection of the main and cross-wind runways at Centennial field and his low approaches as well. We all had a good time and like Carl Shoup said, we did not lose any airplanes, letting the kids fly, in the event! Outstanding job, I think we may have started a few in aeromodeling, all helpers and especially you, Iggy for cooking all the hot dogs and burgers and making everyone happy and satisfied! It was a great event, I look forward to the next one! Sincerely, Randy

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

as to pitchers and vid. i will start a new thred for them

Back to the top

One of the best comments from one of the young girls after the SNJ (WW II trainer) flew by was "I'm going to have to get me one of those!" After Seth did the "mail drop" from the Super Cub yesterday, one of the women there yesterday, who was about my age, told me that when she was a kid in rural Nebraska their mail used to be dropped to them by airplane. I think she said once a week. By the way, thanks Jim Z for broaching the subject to Don Geddes about taking a child for a ride. It made my final discussion with him very easy.

Back to the top

Excellent!

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.