Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Partners Children 20th Annual Fun Fly

Superb work gentlemen and ladies.
Back to the top

We received a very nice thank you letter from Partners the other day. Actually two letters. One included all the outside full scale aviation participants, Clubbs, and Ultra Hobbies. The other also specifically thanked Brenda Schneider, Mike Balas, and Cliff for donating the food for the event. And of course Iggy They are always so appreciative of everyone's efforts. Perhaps, if we can find a suitable location we could do a building class with the Partners kids during the winter. I have a good bit of material on hand that we've used in the past with good success. I believe that I'll also offer my services as an instructor to any of the Partners people who would like to try it during the year. Anyone else up for either thing? If we pick up a little steam again, there is also the Boys and Girls Club, and the Scouts. All of those groups of kids have benefited from our education services in the past. It helped us with our organization goals of education, and helped our communities.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

we have some stuf from darwin we can use

400 ' is high enough to get were you are going
Back to the top

Sure thing, let's do it. I'm in.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

Cliff, do we have any balsa wood left in the stuff we got from Bob Dawirs? We can use balsa and foam to build good catapult gliders, and we still have some Delta Dart kits. Unless we get a child that has a good long-term commitment, building a typical RC kit is probably not realistic. I do have a supply of depron foam, and some fan-fold foam that we could use to build small RC stuff for indoors or out. We tried the typical RC plane kit build thing before and it just took too long to hold the kids' attention. If we build, it has to be something simple. I'll run a trial balloon by Partners for one on one buddy box time. If we do this throughout the year, I suspect that our annual partners day event will grow again. It will also get us a bit more visible in the community with the attendant increase in our own organization. This stuff should probably go on a new thread for education activities. As for building classes of some kind, I'll see if that would fit into their programs in any way. If not, I'm sure they will have some suggestions.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.