Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

Participation in the Men in the Mix Event

Guys, I just checked and somehow ended up with only 2 pairs of scissors for tomorrow. So, if anyone has a pair they can bring it'd be really helpful. If not, we'll be going to the store and buying some. I bought foam plates today, and raided my penny collection. I think we have plenty of scotch tape. Remember to bring water! So it looks like we have Mike, Randy, Jim and Jim.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

Jim, I rounded up 3 pair I will bring. Do you need any more pennys ?
Back to the top

I have my own scissors and I'll bring some of my pennies.
Back to the top

What's the best way to get there from north on 50?
Back to the top

I have plenty of pennies, but of course you guys are welcome to contribute. Jim, are you coming in from the east on 50?

Back to the top

I can bring some scissors.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

No. I'm coming in from Delta and Olatha.
Back to the top

Turn left onto Main St. and the intersection before Macdonalds make a left onto N. Lot Ave. Go in 2 blocks where you will have to make right turn onto North 2nd St. Just after that turn, Friendship hall will be on your left. I'll have my phone 209-2064.

Back to the top

Thanks, Jim. See you there.
Back to the top

Thanks Randy, Carl, Mike Rice, and Jim Zimmerle for joining me at the Men in the Mix program today. It was not as busy as it has been in some prior years, but we had a bunch of happy kids, and foam plate gliders everywhere. What a wonderful tool to introduce kids to the simple act of building and then flying your creation. It seems that no matter how crooked the FPG-9 is built, it'll still fly well.

Back to the top

It was a fun and worthy event today. I had a really good time helping the kids.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

It was interesting to ask a very little boy's mother if he could use scissors, then see him pick them up, upside down and still be able to cut with them. Not straight but still able to cut. And yes, the glider still flew.
Back to the top

It is a really good thing you guys do for your community. The positive impression you make on kids can't do anything but help them at some time in their lives.
Back to the top

Folks, I hope you remember that we made a commitment to participate in the Men in the Mix (or Hanging with Dad) event Saturday the 20th. This will be our 10th year of participation in this. We need at least 5 members on site to help build foam plate gliders for/with the kids,and to be available to answer questions about MMAA and the hobby. If you have not attended in the past, we also bring aircraft for static display. I will send out a mass email in addition to this notice. Since the number of members available is pretty critical to this, I'll need people to contact me to let me know they'll come. It is crucial for us as an Association to remain somewhat visible in the community and to give something to the community if we would like any community support. Call me at 970-209-2064 or respond here. Thanks everyone. Jim Ferguson

Back to the top

Hi, Jim. I plan on being there.What time do you want us to be there? I have my own tools etc.
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.