Skip navigation

Contract: Login Login / Search

June 6th Open Fun Fly

June 6th Open Fun Fly

June 6th Open Fun Fly

If anyone happens to go out to do a bit of field maintenance, you might not want to roll the halogeton on the runways. It was wet enough yesterday for mud to start forming on the wheels of my mower. The roller may squeeze enough water out of the weeds to have the roller start to pick up gobs of mud from the runway. This happened to Cliff a few weeks ago. The place is very much in need of additional spraying work.

Thermals---I need thermals!
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Nobody pass out or anything, but I do believe I have completed the repairs to my airplane and will have something to fly on Saturday!!Ÿ~€Ÿ~€Ÿ~€
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

I have a foam indoor kit that I'll bring out for a raffle, and Wayne is going to bring an ARF to raffle. Anyone have anything else that may be good for a raffle or an item to give away that is in good shape? I'm bringing a power panel for a flight box, and probably some miscellaneous control horns, a Turnigy electric motor, etc. I'll have to look through my stuff to see if there is anything else. O' there are some balsa chuck gliders in the small cabinet that are left over from the last Partners affair. If you have some older issues of Model Aviation that you can bring out to give away that might be a good idea. Folks may learn something about AMA too. Wayne donated $100 toward food, and John C. is planning on doing so too. Most likely I'll do the grocery shopping on Friday evening. If anyone is planning to bring water, pop, or groceries, please let me know so I can adjust what I purchase.

Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

How much are the raffle tickets?

MMAA President
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

As far as I know the raffle is a freebie. My airplane certainly will be.

Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

You might check the weather forecast for Saturday at Olathe.

Onward and Upward.
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Not much we can do about it now. We never scheduled a rain day. As I understand it the site has been dragged to remove the weeds, and will require watering and rolling to make it flyable. I believe that some folks were planning on doing that on Friday. If that does not get accomplished, hopefully we'll get just enough rain, if it rains there, to wet the soil enough to compact it very well, and not cause the runway to erode.

Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

After checking the weather and seeing the rain this afternoon, I think I will go out to the field at 8:00 and check the condition of the field and road. I should have info by 8:15 in case anyone wants to call before comming out. If the road is bad enough I will sit at the bridge to ward off anyone before they get head up the road. I understand we have more rain comming tonite so this precheck of conditions may help. Hope the weather forcasts are wrong!
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Sorry everybody, I goofed, If you call me tomorrow morning, My cell phone # is 307 331 0388. I meant to put it on the lase post.
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Ah man, I'm going to miss out tomorrow. I have to work tomorrow and couldn't get out of it. Hope the weather holds out for you guys.
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Good morning people. Up here in Crawford it is raining lightly. Anyone know what it is like out around our flying field?
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Raining lightly in Montrose too.
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

the road is muddy the field is muddy and it's raining pretty good[br]File: ncm_0167.jpg

MMAA President
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Sounds like a good day to stay home.
Back to the top

June 6th Open Fun Fly

Yes it is! Just got the email canceling the Fun Fly, we will have to try again on a drier day!
Back to the top
1 guest and 0 members have just viewed this.